In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Breeds of Dogs A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- Behavior problems We are dedicated to helping others experience the same joy we share with our own pets. Our insight into the animal’s point of view and awareness of how all our interactions affect them allows us and our pets to have fun and enjoy life together every day.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health
- Heartworm Disease and Heartgard® by Merial Sponsored by the makers of Heartgard®. this site has basic information about heart worm and heart worm preventative as well as Heartgard® questions and answers.
- Pet Health Insurance Learn about pet health insurance. Make an educated decision about pet health insurance. Get answers to the most important questions you should consider when looking for a pet insurance provider.
- Pet Loss Resource Center
We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement has set up this site for support during this most difficult time. You will find inspirational stories, grief counseling resources, hotline number and many other resources. www.memorialpetservices.com
- Animal Poison Control Center - ASPCA
This is the website of the ASPCA's Animal Poison Center, "What To Do If Your Pet Is Poisoned." It includes prevention as well as response information pertaining to a poison event, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the ASPCA poison control center (888) 426-4435. or Call Madison's Veterinary Emergency Hospital at (608) 831-1101 or click www.veterinaryemergencyservice.com
- Plants Toxic to Pets
A lot of information about toxic plants can be found here. You can search under common name or scientific name of the plant.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA)
The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Frontline® Gold by Merial
Sponsored by the makers of Frontline® TopSpot® for flea and tick control, this site has basic information about fleas and ticks as well as Top Spot® questions and answers.
- Rainbow Bridge
Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- West Nile Virus
This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- Veterinary Information Network VIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary community
- American Veterinary Medical Association AVMA - The mission of the Association is to improve animal and human health and advance the veterinary medical profession.
- Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association WVMA - To advocate and promote veterinary medicine, while enriching animal and human health. The WVMA Commitment, Integrity, Compassion, Community, Well-Being