- MAH - Home
- Contact Us
- Make an Appointment
- Check In Forms
- Prescription Refill Form
- After Hours Emergencies
- Our Community
- For Our Clients
- New Clients Welcome
- Other Features
- Clinic Photos
We wanted to update you on how we plan to care for our patients as we adjust to the changes in our local, state and federal guidelines to keep you and ourselves safe during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Starting Monday, June 1st, Drs. Baenen, Vetter, Dally and Richardson and the rest of the Mazomanie Animal Hospital team will start to see routine appointments, surgeries and procedures.
Dr. Baenen and Dr. Dally will continue to be available Monday through Saturday at Spring Green Animal Hospital at (608) 588-3535 if your pet has any urgent needs that the Mazomanie Animal Hospital's schedule can not accommodate.
Staff will continue to be available M-F 8-5 to take calls, schedule appointments, refill prescription medications and diets, and dispense needed Heartworm, Tick & Flea preventatives.
Social Distance Appointments
Unfortunately, this will continue to be a necessary practice for the time being to lower Covid-19 transmission risks to you and ourselves. We will continue to take appropriate protective measures (masks, gloves,etc.) and thorough disinfection procedures (hands, facilities, etc.) to lower potential virus transmission. Given the high volume of human contact that can often be a part of a veterinary practice, minimizing indoor close quarters interaction is still a key need. Therefore, most appointments are done with the pet only in the hospital and communications with the owner occurring from a distance- outdoors, or more often over the phone. Some exceptions may be made for pet owners to be allowed in the hospital, but must be wearing a mask.
The process will continue to be as follows:
1. When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office phone number 608-795-4242 from the parking area to notify us you have arrived.
2. If you have a cat, they need to be in a carrier
3. A staff member will come out to the parking lot for your pet.
4. Dogs should be taken out of the car by their owner and the staff member will place one of our safe non-slip sterilized slip leads on your dog and you may then remove your personal leash.
5. We will bring your pet into the hospital and then call you to obtain a history to be sure we address you and your pets' needs thoroughly. In the coming weeks, also watch for an email questionairre to arrive that you can fill in before your pets appointment so that we can better and more efficiently serve your needs and address any concerns you may have.
6. After an examination is complete, we will communicate over the phone about any specific concerns, our recommendations for testing, treatment, or preventative care.
7. When the visit is complete a staff member will process Credit Card payment information over the phone and return your pet to the parking area with any medications needed. (Checks and Cash are OK, but discouraged to minimize possible viral surface transmission).
Because the goal of government and our society in the coming months continues to be to gradually, but safely, reemerge from our self imposed isolation, we feel that as long as we all continue to use the same precautions, we can start to consider performing more Routine Veterinary Care such as Wellness exams, other vaccines and lab testing, non-urgent surgeries, and nail trim visits. We have been postponing, or not sending out reminder notices for this less urgent care, but will start to do so in the coming week.
If your pet is in need of any of this type of care, please keep in mind the following caveats:
- First, take appropriate precautions for yourself. Schedule an appointment for your pet only if you are healthy and personally comfortable leaving home and wearing a mask to help protect yourself, other pet owners, and your friendly local veterinarian and staff :)
- We will continue all of the same safety protocols as mentioned above.
- We will need to continue to space out our appointments a bit more. Providing quality care in this manner requires more time and lowers crowding.
- Please be patient. Everything is more complex these days and we are all doing our best to help each other and stay well.
Heartworm and Tick/Flea Preventatives
Ticks have been active for months, Fleas will are hatching out of their cocoons, and Mosquitoes that transmit Heartworm Disease are emerging. So please be sure to pick up or have us mail your pets needed preventatives if you have not already. We have available a variety of safe, effective, and economical options. Our prices for all these products are equivalent or less than almost all online sources and come from trusted suppliers. In addition your purchase through the Hospital helps support a local business and its people.
Please remember that if your pet requires regular medication, request refills well in advance (if possible 2 weeks). Our pharmaceutical pipeline is the same as for humans and the Covid 19 pandemic can make some medications unexpectedly hard or slow to obtain.
We hope that you will not have to make this difficult decision during these already sad and stressful times, but if you do, please know that we will do all we can to make this decision as painless as possible. We will provide your pet a sedative for a comfortable anxiety-free experience. The location for the visit could be either as a House call outdoors, at the hospital in a private shaded area out back, or inside the hospital with a single pet owner in a private room.
Please stay well and we hope to see you and your pet soon!
The Doctors and staff of Mazomanie Animal Hospital
They're more than pets... and we know it.
Welcome! And thanks for coming to see us!
Please give us a call: 608-795-4242
We are the "pet vet" serving our clients and their cats and dogs in the Southern Wisconsin communities of Mazomanie, Black Earth, Cross Plains, Sauk City, Spring Green, Mt Horeb, and Arena with quality veterinary care.
Our goal is to serve you and your companion animals with the same level of service and care we want for our own companions.
We believe modern veterinary care starts with an old-fashioned, time-tested idea.
Our clients are friends as well as customers. We value your continued trust and goodwill. Courtesy and patience are priorities, the foundation upon which we can deliver the highest standard of care. Make an appointment - feel the difference exceptional client care makes. An attitude of "We are glad you are here" will be evident. If you like, please take the time to visit our practice and say hello; we would enjoy meeting you and having you meet our friendly staff. We want to get to know you and your family.
- Dr. Ellen Richardson
A recent tragedy put me in mind of this short phrase: Veterinarians are caring, trained professionals. All three words at the end of that sentence are important ...
Read more ...
Photo by Joanna Cox Roxy, a 10-year-old shiba inu, was lost for five days last summer when she bolted during a thunderstorm. Owner Steve Cox credits a facial-r ...
Read more ...
Used to be you could sprinkle a little sugar in your coffee or pour some syrup on your pancakes without so much as a twinge of guilt, but nowadays the zeitgeis ...
Read more ...
Internet pharmacies and veterinarians have long been strange (some would say tortured) bedfellows. On the surface, it would seem like any outlet for medications ...
Read more ...